We are so excited to be hosting our 2nd ever boudoir marathon on Saturday, December, 5th, 2015!! This time we are running things a tiny bit differently so I wanted to share with you all today some helpful tips, tricks, and inspirations!!
First of all let me say that this "event" is one of my favorites of the year! That is why Miss Katie (recently voted the best hairstylist in her hometown for 2015) and I decided to team up and make it happen for all the ladies AGAIN this year!! Now, onto some more info!!
PHOTO SET UPS:
I will be utilizing two main set ups (with a few additional options) per session. And, YES, you can ABSOLUTELY use both! The one set up will be just lightly winter themed (a variation of the set below) with a lot of nice whites and textures and sequins, etc. I'm thinking behind the bed I will have more sheer curtain fabric and some lights strung (that can be turned off if you prefer) for additional holiday ambiance.
On the opposite studio wall I have one or two more holiday themed areas for standing/sitting images. They will be sticking with the lighter and brighter theme and utilizing snowflakes, sequins, and some fun Christmas props (ain't nothing says holiday boudoir like GIANT red bows, you know?). I have a headboard backdrop I may add in as well for another way to customize, though I'm still working on logistics on that option as quick set changes are essential. I'm not ready to give every single detail on all the sets, I like some surprise for YOU, too! ;)
TIPS ON WHAT TO WEAR
The most frequent question I get with these sessions is WHAT DO I WEAR?? For this particular set up strategy ANYTHING will look wonderful. The white/light/bright background options are perfect neutrals to make sure YOU will pop, not the props..
I recommend bringing three outfits AND a few variations.
Outfit one: something WHITE or BLACK! These are ALWAYS favorites when I share images with clients. This can be anything from lingerie or panty sets to your sassiest little black dress to your wedding veil or his favorite white football/baseball jersey!
Outfit two: something COLORED. Reds, purples, and blues generally make skin tones look AWESOME under studio light. They are "sultry" colors and will look amazing with the sets I have planned. No need to go buy new things, get creative! Do you have a low cut tank that he drools over? Bingo. Or a pair of red stilettos that you know make your booty pop? There you go!
Outfit three: something that is 100% YOU. Think of your FAVORITE days or things to do and incorporate a bit of YOU into this session! I've had ladies bring leather motorcycle chaps, a silk robe, their favorite college V-neck, their favorite home décor pillow, their wedding jewelry, etc.
My FIVE biggest tips for picking outfits:
1) BE COMFORTABLE! It's okay if it's a little tight, but make sure you can BREATHE. A properly fitting outfit will ALWAYS look better than something you are trying to squeeze in.
2) Bring additions. Think that necklace would look cute but aren't quite sure? Bring it! If we use it we use it, if not, oh well! I'd rather have you have everything you need than wishing you had packed that favorite whatever!
3) Don't forget the shoes!! Many of the shots will not have your shoes visible, but make sure you bring at least one adorable/knock out pair! Not only will they look awesome in a shot or two they will also make YOU feel like your outfit is complete!
4) Pinterest is an AMAZING resource for outfit ideas if you are still absolutely stuck :)
5) BE CONFIDENT! You look amazing, trust me! <3
HAIR + MAKEUP TIPS FROM KATIE:
1) Come with clean and dry hair.
2) Come makeup free
3) If you have a favorite foundation that matches you wonderfully bring it!!
IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL, SPECIFIC QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL ME AT TIFFANYESASS@GMAIL.COM AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP!!
FIND US ON Instagram
Have we worked together? If we have I'd love it if you'd leave me a review!